Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Monday, January 08, 2007

FO Awhile Ago: Shippo Tail Scarf


I came to knitting by way of spinning, rather than the other way around. So I'm fascinated by fibers, and the description of the "yarn" in the Shippo Tail Scarf pattern really intrigued me.

I found a kit online, ordered it, and made it. I finished it last spring (blush) but didn't post finished pics.

I really like the yarn - it was interesting to work with, and I like the result:


I'm posting this FO because I had a lot of the paper and silk stainless left over after following the pattern. I remembered it when I got "Alterknits" for Christmas and there's a pattern that calls for the paper. I pulled it out to try out the pattern, and I've realized as I go just HOW MUCH of the paper yarn was left when I finished my scarf. In retrospect, I would have made it much longer and wider.

My only other advice for working with this yarn for anyone who wants to try it is: Wood needles. Seriously. It's really slippery - like "I put down my work on my lap, the needle tilted and then slid right out all my stitches. Forunately, the stitch definition on paper is *very* good and its easy to slide the needle right back in...,

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home