Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Monday, January 08, 2007

Backyard Leaves dilemma


Hi all! So I can't believe I've actually conquered Backyard Leaves. Kind of. I am at the end of the first half, the points, and I'm confused as to how I'm supposed to go on from row 41. This is where it splits into two points. It just stops for a few stitches and then continues. How do I do that?

Please excuse my newbie question, I'm a very green knitter and I'm shocked I've even figured this out so far.

Thanks, Briana

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You knit each leaf tip separately, with separate balls of yarn. You can keep them on one needle like you have been, just add a second ball of yarn for the second tip after the split, and make sure you use the correct ball for each tip. Alternately you could place one section on a holder and knit them one after the other. Good luck!

     
  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger Briana E. said…

    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

    That was so much help from the both of you. Sorry again if that was a dumb question, I always think things are more complicated than they really are. Maybe I'll get it done some time sooner than planned now. This will be the first knit item I keep for myself.

    Thanks again for the help.
    Take care, Briana

     
  • At 7:42 AM, Blogger knitbysue said…

    Great looking scarf. No, it's really not a newbie question. Attaching a second yarn at that point is something that stumps a lot of people on the Backyard Leaves pattern. I've seen your same question earlier on this KAL. I guess it is a good lesson in reading all of the text of the pattern over before you begin even if there is a chart.

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger Briana E. said…

    Hi Sue,
    I thought I had read it, but it just didn't compute. I just started it again this morning and it makes sense now, I'm almost done with the points. It is a new concept for me, the two balls of yarn. I'm learning as I go, maybe not the best way. ;-) Thanks!

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger Giantsknitter said…

    Did you have problems with the chart? This is my first attempt at charted knitting and I ran into a strange situation - on rows 10 and 12, even though I had the correct number of stitches AND knit each row twice AND thought I had followed the pattern correctly it just didn't work out. Any tips on knitting from a chart? Thanks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home