Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Progress on Ruffles and Stripes and Bobbles

Hi all, I'm new to this KAL and to blogging. I've been knitting for over 20 years, but have been blogging about it only a month. Thanks for letting me join. Can you believe I'm the second Ina in this group?

My WIPs are Amanda Blair Brown's two designs in Scarf Style. Just about everything she designs appeals to me - I'm very keen to collect her patterns.

Here's progress pix. First there's the inevitable Ruffles in pink Bernat Softee Baby, on pink needles for extra sweetness. I love the 3D effect from the short rows. Softee Baby is so soft that the slip sts on the edge are curling a bit, which is rather charming.

Progress photo of Ina's Ruffles scarf

Then there's Stripes and Bobbles in Noro Kureyon #159, #147, and #163. I love the edginess of the deconstructed stripes. The Kureyon is self-striping beautifully.

Progress photo of Ina's Stripes and Bobbles scarf

Both are fun knits, great conversation starters when knitting in public, and both are intended as prezzies. Were I to make Ruffles for myself, I think I'd prefer something more lettuce-y - green, a bit crisper, and even more Savoyed. I'm liking Stripes and Bobbles so much, it may take some considerable willpower to part with her. I hope blogging will help keep me honest!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger LisaB said…

    Great job so far!

    I love the colors of your Noro, I can't wait to see that one finished.

    my blog

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger jr said…

    Wow - the Noro looks great. GREAT idea.

     
  • At 10:46 PM, Blogger Ina said…

    Thanks! I may want advice on what colors to make the bobbles, so will post more pix when at that stage.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home