Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Midwest Moonlight

I recently joined this KAL, but was having trouble deciding which of the great patterns to start with in this book. For me, I'm starting on the Midwest Moonlight scarf tonight using some Filatura DK Luxor in rust. I bought this yarn a long time ago and have now just found something to use it for.

I do have a question about another pattern in the book. My friend wants me to knit the Garter-Stitch wrap. The only problem is that it calls for 3000 yards (1 cone) of Huba Fuwa Fuwa yarn. I doubt I'll be able to find this for a reasonable price and have no idea what to substitute. My friend wants it to be warm, but not bulky and heavy, and she wants it to be soft. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home