Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Saturday, July 09, 2005

vintage velvet completed



finally done and photographed. I used just under 5 balls of Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk. This will be so nice to wear once fall comes around.

so next I think I'll try interlocking balloons.

love this book!

-Amber

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • At 5:58 PM, Blogger KarenK said…

    Congratulations! Your scarf looks great! I made one exactly like that (same yarn, same color) but gave it to a friend as a "get-well" gift, so I'd forgotten how nice it looks. Good job.

     
  • At 7:24 PM, Blogger grumperina said…

    Looks lovely! The color, the style, everything! Congratulations!

     
  • At 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is a really pretty scarf. Good job!

     
  • At 10:48 PM, Blogger cmeknit said…

    Wow...that is beautiful..I love the colour!

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I forgot to say in my last comment that when I saw this scarf in the book I didn't really like it (maybe it was the color of the yarn, I don't know), but your version has made me reconsider making one further down the road.

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger amber said…

    Thanks all! Karen I remember seeing yours and planned on making one in Alpaca Silk in white... But had some red im my stash. I can't wait till it's cold enough to wear this :)

    The best part about this scarf is that the cable is reversible so both sides are nice :)

    -Amber

     
  • At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Amber,
    I'm going to knit this scarf for a friend's birthday gift. Is it a long scarf? She specifically wants a long scarf, longer than normal, so I was wondering how long it was and if you think the pattern could be repeated until it's as long as I want, without looking funny.

    Becky

     
  • At 12:57 AM, Blogger amber said…

    It could be as long as you want it to be. The pattern repeat is easy to continue, It was a fun knit... enjoy

    -Amber

     

Post a Comment

<< Home