Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Saturday, December 30, 2006

shetland triangle - a little bit confused

I've been knitting the Shetland Triangle with Nature's Palette fingering weight Merino wool that I got at Rhinebeck. I read a lot about how easy this shawl was and was relieved to discover, YES it is easy!

But now I'm confused. I'm at row 9 of the edging and somehow it seems like my yarn-overs are off by one stitch. I did not see any errata for this pattern. Am I missing something fundamental? Am I just really tired and not paying attention? Anybody else have the same problem?

Thx and happy new year!

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 11:56 PM, Blogger Erica said…

    I just finished this shawl without any problems, so I'm pretty sure there's no errata. Just check your last row: you might have accidentally made one little mistake, throwing all the yo's off! Good luck. :)

     
  • At 12:45 AM, Blogger p1uon said…

    Yeah, you're probably right... I may just set it aside until tomorrow - a fresh look - thx!

     
  • At 7:52 AM, Blogger Helen said…

    I did this pattern as my first piece of lace and didn't have any problems with it, so I think it must be you :) I used a marker every 10 stitches, which was a bit of a fiddle, but did warn me instantly when I got a YO in the wrong place... which was pretty often. I'm sure you'll be able to fix it when you look at it again and it looks so lovely when it's finished, you won't mind at all the little extra work. Good luck.

     
  • At 6:42 PM, Blogger p1uon said…

    Yup Helen and Erica - you're both right - I screwed up 2 rows down. Must've been too tired and eager to finish. Thanks for the comments! ;-)

    Now - any tips for the blocking? I don't have a blocking board so I'm trying to figure out what to do about that. I might do the 'ol mattress trick but I was having trouble stretching out the triangle to block it properly... any tips on how to block it well? Thx and happy new year! R

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    For blocking lace, you could try blocking wires from Knit Picks. I haven't tried them, but from what I have seen they are great. I have also seen them on Ebay sold by the company that sells them to Knit Picks and it looks like they are just slightly cheaper there. I have heard of people using string in a similar way but I don't know how this works.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home