Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Love this Capelet!

I am fortunate to have several people in my life who made this capelet possible. First and foremost, thank you to my friend Geeta, who gave me the yarn (she wanted to shrink her stash a bit). It's Highland Chunky from Elann.com. I used about 6 skeins. It took me about 2 weeks to knit this (had to go to work or I'd have finished sooner). I'm definitely going to make another one someday. My daughter is the model and her wonderful husband took the photograph for me. Thanks!

It's a warm garment that was a lot of fun to knit. I love the pattern because it gave you several choices, and you could make your capelet unique to you. Thanks Ann Budd.

9 Comments:

  • At 6:55 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    Very nice. Love the color. Your daughter looks like she could be a professional model.

     
  • At 11:32 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I've been drooling over this pattern in the book. Yours is beautiful. I love the blue.

     
  • At 1:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great work !
    Keep knitting :-)
    Angelika

     
  • At 10:28 PM, Blogger Chef Messy said…

    WOW! I have never been a fan of capelets before, but this photo totally makes me change my mind!

    It doesn't hurt that your daughter is absolutely gorgeous, of course! If I could look half this stylish in a capelet, it would be the very next thing on my to-knit list!

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger Jinx said…

    This looks really great! It's the perfect pattern for you! Congratulations!

    Greetings,
    Jinx

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger Momma Monkey said…

    I totally mistook your photo as the one from the book, your daughter is just GORGEOUS.

    I have this on my list and was just searching to see it completed.

    You've got me sold !!

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Blogger Terri Lynn said…

    I never really thought of making this one, till this post...beautiful work, I can see it now!

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger Bufanditas said…

    Looks wonderful.

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Blogger knititch said…

    wow, on a gorgeous woman like your daughter such a garment looks inspiring. well done.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home