Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Friday, December 08, 2006

I love Scarves!



I have to say that out of all the knitting books and magazines I have the most used and flipped through is Scarf Style. I love Scarves! Who doesn't love being wrapped in warmth and style on those frosty winter nights?!

Misty Garden is one of my favorites I have made it a few times. Here's a pic of my Aunt and Uncle. She got the Misty Garden in her very favorite colour Pink, and I made him a simple Basket Weave Scarf...

I find knitting scarves is the perfect segway to the next big project, perfect for knitting on the go and inexpensive enough to share with loved ones.

Right now, inbetween sewing and other large knitting projects I am knitting up Falling Leaves. This is my favorite by far. Though I haven't yet tried to conquer the 'Lady'.



Almost done just 6 more repeats and I'll have it ready for Christmas... can't say the same for the sweater I promised my husband. :) Maybe I'll take the sleeve and turn it into a scarf ;)

susieq

1 Comments:

  • At 3:45 PM, Blogger Sue J. said…

    I'm with you, Susieq! I love scarves, too. And Scarf Style is my favorite, as well. I think it's because I love to knit cables, and it looks like you do, too. Have you considered knitting for the Red Scarf Project? Very worthwhile.
    Happy Knitting! I will enjoy seeing your beautiful work.
    Sue J.
    mommysusieknits.blogspot.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home