Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Friday, October 06, 2006

Lady E/Kureyon Question

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking a long while on the knit-a-long admiring everyone's work. I'm just about finished with my own Lady E from "Scarf Style." I've been knitting it using Noro Kureyon and right now it's 50" exactly unblocked. I'm planning on adding fringe and am a bit leery about the shawl being the recommended 70". Does anyone have any thoughts about ease with Kureyon? I'm unsure about how long this shawl will be after blocking. Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated.

Thanks for the help everyone, and hopefully they'll be an FO post soon.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 4:59 PM, Blogger Nessa said…

    I used Kureyon for mine, and I just measured it with the fringe, it is 68 inches long with the fringe. I don't think it is too long, because the fringe isn't really overpowering. Can't wait to see pic's!!

     
  • At 9:27 PM, Blogger Steph said…

    I've recently started to work on my Lady E in Kureyon again and am/was facing the same thing -- it was short (makes sense since, when I checked gauge, it was small, but I didn't want to use larger needles b/c I liked how it looked).

    Anyway, I have several extra skeins and am planning on using all except one to save for the fringe. It should be close.

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger calicokitty6 said…

    I used Kureyon when I made Lady E. and found it came out a bit smaller than the one in the book. I am a plus size lady so needed more length anyway to accomodate me, so I used a couple of extra skeins. I also made the fringe simplier than the one in the original. When I blocked the scarf, it did get a little bit bigger, but, not too long for me.

    I can't wait to see a pic of yours. I still have to post mine.

    Debbie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home