Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Friday, October 06, 2006

Backyard Leaves

Hi All!

I'm new to the group and am happy to share a finished Backyard Leaves scarf made with Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran. It's so squishable I can't wait to wear it. I wrote more about knitting it on my blog. I've seen many of these scarves out there and it's easy to see how they are so popular. The pattern is fabulous and keeps you interested the whole way.

backyardleaves3

I'm also working on the Sheltand Shawl, after seeing BrooklynTweeds and Grumperina's among others I'm impatiently trying to finish the last round! There are so many patterns in both books that I just want to make... Ruffles, Lady Eleanor... so many...

what will i cast on next?

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 2:59 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    I like your scarf. It's next on my 'to knit' list. I'm glad you posted a pic of yourself wearing it, gives me a better idea of how it looks on a person (the pics in the book are too blurry). How did the seaming of the two halves go for you? I heard that some people had problem joining the two halves in a nice, inconspicuous manner.

     
  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger Nessa said…

    I want to knit this, but I am so afraid of charts!! LOL. It does look like squishy yarn though!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home