Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Friday, October 13, 2006

Another Backyard Leaves


There seems to be a lot of these lately! Here's mine, using Rowan Cashsoft Aran, about 3 1/2 balls. I decided not to block it after a vote of friends and family who liked the 3-D effect of the leaves. I loved loved LOVED working with this yarn!

Labels:

9 Comments:

  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    Wow, that looks great! I'm about halfway through my Backyard Leaves, in a very similar shade of green as yours and the one posted below yours...tis the season for this one I guess!

     
  • At 9:29 PM, Blogger Chef Messy said…

    Cashsoft is absolutely my favorite yarn ever! Your backyard leaves turned out lovely!

     
  • At 11:47 PM, Blogger Punkin said…

    Very beautiful. I like the way the leaves are 'embossed' or 3 dimensional.

     
  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger CanarySanctuary said…

    Very beautiful! I love this pattern so much. You did a great job :)

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger miss ewe said…

    Wow! This isn't one I was interested in making until I saw yours... might have to add it to the list now. Great job!

     
  • At 6:03 PM, Blogger Suzanne said…

    Your scarf came out beautifully. I keep meaning to make this scarf and when I finally do I plan to leave it unblocked too. I like the 3-D look.

     
  • At 10:25 PM, Blogger Melody said…

    I'm trying to figure out this pattern and was wondering how on earth to read the chart...do I go right to left, left to right, back and forth? Can you help?

     
  • At 10:57 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    You go right to left on odd numbered (or "right side") rows and left to right on even numbered (or "wrong side") rows. (On this chart, the first row, the "set up row" is worked left to right, like a wrong side row).

     
  • At 9:26 PM, Blogger Tipper said…

    I think blocking would not be a bad thing; you can maintain the three-dimensional quality (the lace is designed so that the leaves are meant to be that way, even post-blocking) while evening out your stitches. There are very few knitters out there whose stitches couldn't use a little help being more even! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home