Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Color on Color anyone?

Has anyone made the Color on Color scarf? My search turned up nada.

I'm just over halfway done in section 16 and wondering if I need to block the darn thing before trying to pick up stitches for the next section. I started it so long ago...I think I might have blocked the first sections a little before switching from horizontal to vertical (or vice versa, this scarf is pretty topsy turvy).

Photo is from when I finished section 15. Oh and by the way, I skipped the long vertical strip at the neck edge, thinking (for better or worse) that it might make more sense to add it toward the end. It's a fun project that's been on needles for awhile and I just picked it back up again.

Labels:

9 Comments:

  • At 11:35 PM, Blogger 3FaytesKnitting said…

    I'd try a search on flickr. I did one and I turned up a couple of scarves.

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Blogger Susan Holland said…

    Awesome! I'm working on the same piece but you are further along that I am.

    I would advise against blocking until the whole thing is done so that it's even.

    How are you coping with the short strands? It drove me crazy at first, but I'm getting used to it. I've also decided I'm going to line it to cover all the tag ends on the back.

    Keep us up to date on the progress!

     
  • At 11:10 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Browsing online just a couple days ago, I spotted this KAL for Color on Color:

    http://www.cocscarfkal.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 6:09 PM, Blogger knittlelittle said…

    Yes, the short strands are a pain. I guess in order to get all the color variations, you have to use that yarn. You do have to get the system "down" and be very organized.

    I've run out of yarn once already and had to substitute. Hope it doesn't happen again.

     
  • At 6:42 PM, Blogger meg said…

    maryse made one recently and it looks great.

    go here and scroll to the very bottom

    http://morici.typepad.com/bag_n_trash/

     
  • At 11:10 PM, Blogger splatgirl said…

    Looking great so far!
    I completed one a while back. Pictures under "Knitting, Crafting and Art" at
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/splatgirl/
    I also blogged about it a couple times if you check my archives from March, April and May 05.

    I highly recommend blocking as you go. Doing so made it SO much easier to graft the parts together and made me hate it less while knitting.

     
  • At 6:48 PM, Blogger YarnB said…

    This is one piece I have always loved! Did you buy all the yarn individually? I know at one time there were kits available. If anyone knows where, let me know. I'll check out the KAL too! It is looking great!

     
  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger msloloknitter3 said…

    There is a yahoo group that has knitted this scarf. It is colour on colour. The archives are informative.

     
  • At 10:28 PM, Blogger knittlelittle said…

    Sorry I don't know where to buy a kit. My LYS is all out.

    I think I will block what I've got now after all. It worked well for me before the first Fair Isle section. I'm about to start 17, which involves grafting on two sides. I'll post again when that's done.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home