Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Turtleneck Shrug is done!

I finished my Turtleneck Shrug last night and wove in the ends this morning! It looks fantastic and it feels really nice on - warm and cozy. I'm glad I didn't do the reductions the pattern calls for at the shoulders because it fits me perfectly as is (I have wide shoulders for someone so small everywhere else).

I have to say, the shrug looks...well, stupid when it's not being worn. A bit like a really ugly and really thick pair of those wool tights that were all the rage among the kindergarten set when I was little, but with the crotch cut out. Crotchless wool tights! It's really a design that looks its best on a body. ;)

Yarn: Malabrigo worsted merino in Vaa (gorgeous shades of green and blue)
Needles: Boye Balene II size 7 11" circular needles
Begun: July 13th
Finished: August 3rd
Modifications: No decreases/increases on the shoulders, first row of neck has a 6 stitch rib on both the front and back where the sleeves met, the second row was decreased by doing a k2tog 3 times for each side to bring it back to K3/P3 rib again.

There're more pictures on my Flickr album - don't want to take up a ton of room here on the blog with them. ;)

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger knitblog said…

    General ? for you all. Has anyone done the Lady Eleanor stole much smaller? I have 3 skeins of L.L.'s Lion and Lamb and think it would be sooo pretty in this but that only gives me 615yds. I would really love to use stash!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home