Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Monday, August 14, 2006

Ene's Scarf


Here is a progress picture of my Ene's Scarf. You can see the triangular space that is left to complete. I think that's a neat feature of knitting the long edge first. Very motivating. This is only the second lace shawl that I have knit and I am enjoying the pattern. The repeat for the main part of the body is quite simple, as long as you check where it starts and stops at the side edges and centre line.


I am using an old yarn from my stash. Actually, I inherited it from my late aunt's stash in 1989. It's George Picaud Alpaga, a 100% alpaca fingering weight yarn from France. It's a little stiff right now, but I hope it will soften with washing and blocking.

Scarf Style is my favorite scarf book and there are at least 3 other scarves in it that I plan to knit, so I am going to be around here for awhile. I have a blog at www.stashqueen.typepad.com ; drop by if you're interested in seeing what else I'm working on.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home