Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Ene's scarf completed!


Here is my first lace project - after many false starts and ripping out it is done! I used Claudia's Handpainted yarn in the Walk in the Woods colorway, and size 5 needles.

6 Comments:

  • At 4:38 PM, Blogger EllyMae said…

    Beautiful! How many skeins did you use? I'm looking at Ene myself, but not sure I'm experienced enough to attempt it. Though not a member of this KAL, I have done Lady E and Misty Garden...and now I want to try Ene. I love your choice of yarn.

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    I used 4 1/2 skeins of 185 yards each. It was heavier yarn that the pattern called for - more like sock yarn than lace weight, so I went down a needle size and still used more yarn than the pattern called for. You can see the color closer up at my yarn shop's blog http://commuknity.typepad.com/blog/, entry from early August.
    If you've done other projects in this book you are definitely ready for this one! Before this I only had done very simple scarves and socks and no lace at all. It was not easy but now I am confident enough to try lots of new things.

     
  • At 9:30 PM, Blogger pixie said…

    Beautiful! Love the color!

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger Leslie said…

    Beautiful Ene! Unless I have a couple of false starts on a project like this, it would be abnormal, so don't feel bad about that.

     
  • At 1:16 AM, Blogger naomi said…

    It looks great and good for you for not giving up on it.

     
  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger XU said…

    Where did you get your touch me yarn?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home