Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Monday, July 31, 2006

Yarny goodness and a Turtleneck Shrug progress report


I got the yarn in for my Lady Eleanor and Vintage Velvet scarves (which I'll be working on once I finish my Turtleneck Shrug)! I'm happier with this shade of yarn for my Eleanor than the one I had originally, but I'm still not thrilled with the color balance of a few of the skeins (very little light light lilac and more brown and mauve), but it'll do. I can always make another one with yarn that I personally pick out at my LYS (they didn't have any of the shades I was interested in for this one, hence buying it online and getting the luck of the draw).

As for my Turtleneck Shrug, I'll be done with the second sleeve within the hour and then I'm going to rip the other sleeve back a bit and redo the top (not happy with the color balance in the second skein I used originally, so I'll be using the same skein as I did for this sleeve) and I should be done within a week or so at the latest. :)

It's turning out beautifully and I have to say it's one of the easiest projects I've ever done but at the same time very gratifying in terms of the look of the final product.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    That purple yarn is beautiful - what is it? Good luck finishing your turtleneck shrug - just in time for fall weather!

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger The Ninja Knitter said…

    It's Malabrigo worsted merino in Brownberries. The picture's a tiny bit dark, it's actually slightly lighter in person, but it's beautiful. :)

    My only complaint is that all the skeins don't have the same color balance (that almost invariably happens when you get multiple skeins of Malabrigo without handpicking ones that match well, since they're handpainted).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home