Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Turtleneck Shrug questions

I've got a couple of questions for those who have made the Turtleneck Shrug from Scarf Style. Everything is going perfectly and it looks beautiful so far (done with sleeve 1 and about 5" into the second), but there're a couple of things I'm wondering about:

1) Am I the only one who ignored the decrease directions for the top of the sleeves? I didn't like the way it looked and I have a feeling it'll fit my shoulders better this way. I know I'll have to decrease by three stitches when I start the neck to keep the ribbing pattern right (I'm making the neck wider just because it's easier and because it'll mean it won't rub on my neck so much) - no worries there - so I'm not concerned about that, I'm just curious.

2) When it comes time to start the neck, am I going to need a longer circular needle? I'm sure I could fit the stitches onto my current 11" circular, but I'm not sure if I'd be better off using another, longer one (I have a 17" bamboo circular in the right size that I could use if need be) to keep the stitches from being so cramped. If I should, any suggestions for how long of one I should be getting?

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 1:27 PM, Blogger ofthesun1 said…

    I made my TNS exactly as the pattern dictated, shoulder decreases and all, and really love how it turned out (but i will say the sleeves really are too long). It's okay to change circ's - if you don't like he larger ones you can always switch back.

     
  • At 11:35 PM, Blogger onealees said…

    I just finished my turtleneck shrug. I also liked the decreases in the shoulders. They blended with the pattern of the sleeve when I knit it.

    I did change to a larger circular needle length when I did the neck. I was using an Addi Turbo 12" circular to do the sleeves and went to a 16" bamboo circular. When it was finished, you couldn't tell that I changed needle styles.

    Happy Knitting!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home