Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Turtleneck Shrug progress pictures!



3 inches in - Day 1




20 inches in - day 5



Closeup of the purty yarn all knit up

I'm expecting to finish the first sleeve tonight.  Almost done with my first skein of yarn and trying to decide how to split up the other 2 since it'll take slightly over one skein per sleeve...I'm thinking I'll use one skein for the remainder of this sleeve, the neck and the last bits of the second sleeve and another full skein for the majority of the other sleeve, that way the tops of both sleeves and the neck are sure to match perfectly (since they'd be from the same skein). 

Oh, and yes, it is upside down on my arm in that last picture because I didn't want to risk pulling the stitches off the needle by putting it on the right way around with the needles at the top, around my upper arm.

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At 11:27 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    Very pretty yarn. It looks super cushy too. Must be soft to work with.

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger The Ninja Knitter said…

    It is! :)

    I always thought I couldn't wear or work with wool since I always broke out in hives, but Malabrigo's merino is amazing. I'd never have guessed it was wool if I hadn't seen it on the label.

     
  • At 3:41 PM, Blogger saleknitter said…

    Lovely colors. What circular needle are you using? Thanks.

     
  • At 5:20 PM, Blogger The Ninja Knitter said…

    I'm using Balene II size 7 11" circulars. :)

    They're fantastic - they've got a sort of bent shape and needle nose shaped tips that make knitting something small in diameter like this really easy. So much better than using double points.

     
  • At 12:57 AM, Blogger saleknitter said…

    Thanks for the info. I will definitely order a pair.

     
  • At 3:34 PM, Blogger The Ninja Knitter said…

    You're welcome! :)

    I got mine from Joann.com. They were having a sale on them, so they were only a few dollars - definitely a good deal.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home