Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

my shetland triangle



Here's my shetland triangle-- in Elann's Baby Silk in Parchment. I enjoyed knitting this tremendously. And I even did some of it while in the hospital in early labor!

Karen

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • At 3:57 PM, Blogger Kathleen said…

    Karen, what an excellent choice of pattern! You must have great taste ;-)
    It is a beauty, isn't it? I'll definitely be returning to it in the not too distant future.

     
  • At 4:52 PM, Blogger Monika said…

    That's what I call an obsessed knitter! ;o)

     
  • At 12:01 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Your work is great, but I LOVE that yarn. It makes any project a sensual pleasure. It must have for you to be able to work on lace at a time like that!

     
  • At 1:23 PM, Blogger Karen said…

    Thanks to all for your comments. I must admit that after the baby was born, I went back to this project and had to undo a last row I did... at least I knew when to stop!

    Karen

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Blogger Helen said…

    Lucky baby :)

     
  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger Susan said…

    I find myself coming back over and over to this blog to look at your shetland triangle. So beautiful!

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger nancy said…

    BEAUTIFUL Shawl!!!!
    Did you make it to the size in the instructions or larger? I have read that a lot of people wish it was larger.

     
  • At 4:39 PM, Blogger Karen said…

    Nancy-- thanks! Mine is just about the size called for, maybe a little bigger (although I had to do a few more repeats, with this yarn, than called for to get it that size). I think this would be nice at any size-- I like the small size as a sort of warm-weather cover-up, but it would make a great larger shawl as well, I think... the only problem is that, because of the way it's knitted, it's difficult to see what size it is until you take it off the needle. I did this a couple of times along the way, putting the stitches on a separate piece of yarn.

    Karen


    Karen

     

Post a Comment

<< Home