Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Friday, April 28, 2006

Woo hoo! The score is even!


Thank you millions and millions for your valuable advice on Ene. As you can tell by my multitude of stitch markers, I took it all to heart :-) Here are the first two charts plus some of my Ene scarf, for my grandmother for Mother's Day, made with lilac Misti Alpaca lace weight. Anyone who's hesitant to try lace or openwork... if I can do it, so can you... go for it!

All of your projects are so beautiful... you should all be proud of your craftiness!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:57 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

    For Mother's Day?! You're so much quicker than I would ever be!

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger judy said…

    What needle size are you using and are you double stranding? I'm using Misti Alpaca lace weight with size 2 needles and I keep questioning if the needles are still too big. Yours looks great!

     
  • At 9:57 PM, Blogger Jenny K said…

    Yeah, I'm ambitious... luckily I don't have plans to see my grandma until a few weeks after Mother's Day...

    Judy - Isn't the Misti Alpaca fantastic? I'm single stranding, going for a very open, loose stitch. I'm using size 6 Addis and, while I questioned my choice at first, can see the pattern nicely even though the "fabric" is thin. I am also planning to do a second one, at some point, in the sport weight. And thanks for the compliment!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home