Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Wooohoooo!!! Lady E is finished!




Hi Everyone,
Just got back from Knitting Camp. My Lady E is complete and I love her! I decided not to make it 70" long. It was knitted in Noro Silk Garden, using size 8 needles. I used 9+ balls.

The photo on the left is of me at Knitting Camp, tying the knots on the last three rows of the second short side. The other photo is me modeling Lady E when other campers asked to take photos.

What's next? Maybe I'll start Ene. I got some wonderful cashmere at a Knitting Festival on the way to camp! Or maybe I'll take a break and knit a sweater while I decide which scarf to do next. Or maybe I'll do a wrap! So many wonderful choices; so little time.

Labels:

12 Comments:

  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger Bobo said…

    Gorgeous! I scored 10 skeins of Silk Garden at Stitches and plan to make Lady E. You did a great job!

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

    Oh, that's a gorgeous colourway on you! Do you still have the yarn label? Which number is it? I really like that one.

     
  • At 3:57 AM, Blogger Erin said…

    *jaw drops* WOW!!! those colors are BEAUTIFUL! I love it!! spectacular job.... and knitting camp sounds like fun! I would also like to know what colorway you used, it is absolutely fabulous!

     
  • At 7:02 AM, Blogger Michelle W. said…

    how pretty!!! Wow. I knit before but never made anything quite like it. It's amazing.

    Michelle

     
  • At 8:11 PM, Blogger Kristi said…

    Shee looks beautiful...and so do you!

     
  • At 10:02 PM, Blogger Beth S. said…

    That is one GORGEOUS scarf, modeled by one GORGEOUS (and deservedly proud) woman. WAY TO GO!

     
  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger annie said…

    I agree - gorgeous! And I'd also like to know the colorway - what number of noro did you use? Some of them get too bright, but yours is beautiful. Great job. And looks gorgeous on you.

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger PutYourFlareOn said…

    Very pretty against your skin tone!

     
  • At 5:25 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    Love the colors!

     
  • At 7:09 PM, Blogger mikal said…

    Thanks everyone! I used Noro Silk Garden color #232. It was a lot of fun to do. Sorry the picture wasn't better.

     
  • At 8:33 AM, Blogger Hillary said…

    wow! that is gorgeous!

     
  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger TllGurl said…

    Tho'I've already done one, seeing everyone's beautiful Ladies makes me want to make another one. The next time using one of the beautiful colourways of Silk Garden.
    Brava! Beautiful work!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home