Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Ready for Backyard Leaves!

OK, I have the book, I have the needles, I have 5 balls of KP Andean Silk in Lettuce - I'm finally ready to try Backyard Leaves. BUT - this is my first time working a chart and I have a question. I understand that when reading a chart, you read it right to left for row 1 (RS), left to right for row 2 (WS), etc. But what about the set-up row on this pattern...?? I assume it's WS and I should work it left to right? purl, purl, knit, purl, purl, purl, purl, sl 1 etc.


Thanks for any advice!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 6:48 PM, Blogger Polly said…

    Yes, it's the wrong side. I hope you like the andean silk... I did mine in andean silk and I dont know I just didnt like it. The yarn just seemed to be ratty to me.. maybe I'm just a ratty knitter.

     
  • At 7:24 PM, Blogger Sue said…

    There are additional questions/advice about Backyard Leaves in the archives of this knit-along. Check out these entries AND their comments:
    1/31/05 Finishing First Half of Backyard Leaves.
    1/27/05 Checking in With Backyard Leaves.
    11/26/04 Another Backyard Leaves.
    2/16/05 New to Knit-A-Longs ldozs

     

Post a Comment

<< Home