Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Never Say Never


Hi Everyone,
Finally I can come out of the shadows. I check this site every day to see what everyone is doing. So, I finally decided to join the fun. You'll have to hang in there with me; blogging is new and I'm learning how this all works.

I chose Lady Eleanor after seeing so many beautiful ones posted. This is a real big leap for me, because I used to hate Entrelac and wore I would never to anything using that technique. Well, never say never.

I took a class in Entrelac on Jan 7th, and started my Lady Eleanor on January 14th! It has been a lot of fun working on this project. I noticed a lot of you are using Kureyon. While I love the intensity of color in Kureyon, I prefer the softer feel of Silk Garden. I'm using Silk Garden color #232 on size 8 needles. Originally I started using a 101/2 needle, but Craftaholic reminded me that after blocking, the project might be a bit larger than what my swatch was, and that it would probably thin out. So, I decided to rip out and start over with the size 8 needles. I like the look and feel much better.

mikal

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger Chicago Jen said…

    So beautiful!! Thanks for listing the coloway number. I'm never a big fan of Noro in the ball but when it's knit up in entrelac it's so lovely!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home