Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Monday, January 02, 2006

Gray Aran Cliffs


This is the green aran fields capelet from WRAP STYLE. I knit it on 5.5mm needles in Gedifra Shetland (80% wool, 20% alpaca). It took just over 4 100g balls and cost me less than 20€ to make. The buttons are from an amazing haberdashery shop here in Bonn, Germany - they have over two entire floors of buttons.

This was a fairly easy knit as the pattern just needs to be looked at once before each row and off you go on over 300 stitches (I made the larger size). After the patterned part, it's just what seems like miles and miles of 2x2 rib. I made this thing on the train to and from work and it took me just over two weeks. I'm hoping it will look better on me when I'm not so darned pregnant and have a waist again!

4 Comments:

  • At 3:24 PM, Blogger lisaO said…

    Your caplet looks great. I am also going to knit this one and I already bought the yarn - not the same as what's used in the book, but still a green. You are inspiring, though I'm sure it will take me much longer than two weeks. thanks.

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger Toby said…

    Wow - two weeks! It looks lovely and what great flexibility since you can wear it now and after you have your baby.

    I have been wanting to start a project from Wrap Style, but I'm a little bit intimidated by needing to join the collars or edges (what are they called?) on the front opening. I know there are some that are knit in one piece so I'll probably start with one of those.

     
  • At 4:51 PM, Blogger whatever said…

    SIMPLY STUNNING!!

     
  • At 10:16 AM, Blogger stricknuss said…

    I actually knit the front edges of this cape on as I was making them (just knit the last stitch or first stitch of every row together with an edge stitch - it works out because the number of rows in the front edges is exactly as long as the number of rows in the main garment). Then there was absolutely no seaming when I was finished.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home