Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Hi from the Netherlands

Hi everybody!
I'm a Dutch knitter who has been reading this blog for ages and I adore all of your beautiful creations! But as I've finally received the Scarf Style book last week I thought it fit to join in the fun. I've a clapotis on the needles, but when it is finished I'd love to start a scarf from the book. But boy, it is so hard to choose! I'm thinking it will be Midwest Moonlight first, or Ruffles, or Interlocking Balloons, or... And I'm in love with Lady Eleanor too! So I guess there's but one thing to do: start them all at the same time. But where's the money to come from to buy all this wool, sigh... Well, I'll keep you posted on the progress.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger whatever said…

    LOL, I know what you mean...EVERYTHING in this book is lovely! I am currently working on Backyard Leaves ensemble and have the yarn for Ruffles and the reversible cable...and I MUST do Lady Eleanor...I'm thinking with Karaoke (yummilicious)..but, unlike you, I am a monogamous knitter, one project at the time and it was very hard to choose which one, as I looked & looked at the book...Backyard Leaves just "called" to me ... and it is a FUN KNIT...I highly recommend it :0)...Happy Knitting & Happy Holidays

     
  • At 8:35 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    I was in the same predicament! There are sooo many projects that I want to do! The worst (or best??) part is that Wrap Style is going under the Christmas tree, so I'll be having twice as much trouble picking a project!

     
  • At 5:35 AM, Blogger Harvest Moon said…

    It's funny, when I had my first bout of knitting addiction (about twenty years ago) I was always knitting one project at a time. But now it's totally different: three or four projects at the same time is no exception. I've no idea what's the cause...
    I haven't seen Wrap Style yet, but I guess this will be one of my birthday presents in January :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home