Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Monday, December 05, 2005

Backyard Leaves WIP





I have been working on Backyard Leaves for 4 days now and am GREATLY enjoying this knitting experience :)!! Annie Modesitt is a genius! I have ideas for a hat & fingerless gloves & did some sketches for a clutch last night if I have enough yarn left...a very cute ensemble! Sorry I wasn't able to load pics on my 1st post, but I had just gotten a new camera and have just gotten around to installing and learning about the new software. I have photos from day 1 thru my progress today, I am now on the 2nd half.
I so enjoy reading about and looking at everyone's projects...such imagination and talent!!
Happy Holidays Everybody,
Becka

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger Toby said…

    Wow Becka! You make it look easy. :) I have yet to knit anything from a chart so I'm still a little leary of Backyard Leaves. Thanks for the inspiration!

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger Lori said…

    Beautiful job. I can't believe anyone's knitting looks that good before blocking!

    Not to minimize all your hard work on the scarf, but using one of those square bread bag closure-thingies to keep the starting tail neatly bundled up is genius. To think, I've been throwing away such a useful knitting gadget all these years.

     
  • At 2:06 PM, Blogger whatever said…

    Thanks, guys, you are so nice, this is really fun to knit!
    Toby, thanks for such nice words about this scarf and...THIS is my 1st 100% charting project..I HATED charts & would simply write out the directions...but, I just increased the size of the chart & the symbol key @ Kinkos, highlighted the knit rows and drew arrows pointing in the direction that I am supposed to knit on each row so not to mess up and am using a magnetic board & magnet strip above each line in the chart as I am working it AND using a row counter (double protection!!) and have found it to be very easy!
    Lori, thanks so much for your kind words :0)! Don't u know I wish I could take the credit for the bread bag thingy...I got the tip from Lily Chin when she was on Knitty Gritty! Works like a charm, too!!
    Happy Knitting Everyone!!

     
  • At 6:06 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    Beautiful work, as always, Becka! I havn't found just the right yarn for backyard leaves yet. I had thoughts of a varigated Manos, but it hid the leaves {sigh}

     
  • At 3:47 AM, Blogger CamillaS said…

    It looks great! I'm working slowly on mine in between other projects, and it's really fun to knit! :D

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    I know, I adore this pattern! I'm on my second one. You're doing a great job! I'd be VERY interested in seeing your experiments with other leafy accessories.

     
  • At 11:52 PM, Blogger whatever said…

    Thanks everyone :-) such kind words does tend to inspire me :)!
    I had hoped to be done with the scarf today, but have not really knit in the past few days...I should have it blocking tomorrow and then the hat will be 1st...well, that's the plan :0)!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home