Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Friday, December 16, 2005

Backyard Leaves scarf now has Hat to match :-)





I have been knitting hats & fingerless gloves to match my scarves this fall/winter knitting season and I thought that I would give it a go with Backyard Leaves, too. I finished the hat tonight. I used smaller needles (size 6) & KnitPicks' WOTA that I used for the scarf & just knit part of 1/2 and sewed the 'end leaves' on the St st portion of the hat. I have some photos of the results; photo of hat with leaves on the St st portion of the hat, one with the rest of the hat & with hat & scarf.
Happy Holidays & Happy Knitting to All :0)

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At 1:15 AM, Blogger Erin said…

    gorgeous!

     
  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger Kim said…

    OMG Becka! You are amazing. Just beautiful...

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger CamillaS said…

    The hat looks great! What a good idea! :D

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Brilliant!

     
  • At 5:02 PM, Blogger Andy's Crafts said…

    Beutiful cables

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger whatever said…

    Thanks everyone! This has been a very fun ensemble in the making :0)! I just finished fingerless gloves to match, although not using BYL pattern, rather a leaf border & am about to cast on for a matching bag!
    Happy Holidays All!!

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Blogger Murasaki said…

    Hello, I love the matching hat! Unfortunately though I am having trouble knitting the scarf first. The author says that in order to make the border for the Backyard Leaves scarf I need a "slip stitch double knit". What does that mean? I hope someone will help me with this!! Thanks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home