Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Backyard Leaves Complete :0)




I have completed both halves of Backyard Leaves & they have just about finished the blocking process & I am then left to seem them together. I'm afraid that I had to block it twice because the 1st blocking I stretched it too much & it just seamed to eliminate all of the 3D definition in the design. So I sprayed again & repositioned the scarf so that you can still see the st. defintion with a 3D look...I said it before, I say it again..Annie Modesitt is a genius! I am quite happy with the results, if I may say so myself! Last night I cast on using smaller size needles for the hat & will (LOL, as I usually do) make it up as I go along as I make the hat, then fingerless gloves and a small clutch to match. I'm very happy that I found that I had so much yarn..YIPPEE!
Almost forgot, the pictures are of the 2 halves blocking with a couple of photos of the detail.
Happy Holidays & Happy Knitting Everyone
Becka

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 1:44 AM, Blogger whatever said…

    LOL, I must comment on myself and my apparent inability to properly use the words 'seam/seem' .... LOL...OOPS, it's late!!

     
  • At 7:45 AM, Blogger MysteryKnitter said…

    I understand that. I do not use English right either. And I am Finnish...I mean I was born in Finland and that is my own country. Even I can speak English, I do not do it that well...if you compare to native speakers.

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    That's a beautiful backyard leaves! I've been wearing mine every day and I get lots of compliments. I'm sure you will too.

     
  • At 6:24 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    Beautiful Dead Leg! Just Beautiful. It looks very long...how long did it block out to be?

    Can't wait to see the whole ensemble...

     
  • At 7:05 PM, Blogger whatever said…

    Thanks everyone :0)
    Deadhead..I believe it's going to be 92" plus with seaming...I wanted it to be long bc it's not very wide..my wish has come true..LOL!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home