Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Finished Lady Eleanor !!


Here she is ... Finished in all her glory !!

My lady E was knit in just over three weeks, using 9 1/2 balls of Noro Silk Garden # 87. I LOVED this project, the actual knitting was great with a teeny bit of a challenge, and very impressive results !! As you can see, I did not do the knotted fringe in the scarfStyle pattern, I choose a simple tassle with a contrasting color. After blocking, my stole measures a whopping 20" wide and 72" long !!! Very soft and snuggly, exactly what I was looking for. I imagine I will knit another one of these next fall in another colorway, it will be Noro as well !! I can't wait to wear this out and reep it's warmth !!! My cat already loves it !!

I love it, and I hope you all have fun with this pattern !!

Labels:

12 Comments:

  • At 8:09 PM, Blogger grumperina said…

    It's beautiful! I think the way to go with this pattern is to use Noro - always looks great!

     
  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    Beautiful!

     
  • At 10:06 PM, Blogger Jessica / Fig & Plum said…

    lovely! three weeks - that seems speedy! did you find the entrelac to slow you up compared with your usual knitting speed?

     
  • At 10:25 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    I think the tassel color was a great choice - it picks up the blue in the Noro colorway.

    You've inspired me...I may have to knit me one of these!

     
  • At 11:31 PM, Blogger strawberryfever said…

    Jessica -

    I thought the entrelac was pretty speedy actually, once you get the hang of things you don't really have to think about it anymore. I am a pretty cautious knitter as I am not great at fixing my stupid mistakes. So to be able to do a LARGE project with speed was very exciting !! I am not sure what is next, after my xmas knitting of course !!!

    Strawberryfever

     
  • At 1:04 AM, Blogger saleknitter said…

    Lovely, lovely, lovely!!!

    I am about to start a Lady Eleanor in Noro. I am curious...what brand/size needle did you use? Thanks!

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger strawberryfever said…

    Saleknitter -

    I used my trusty Denise's in US size # 10 1/2 . It felt so good using such a large needle after all the little dpn's I have been using for socks !!!!

    strawberryfever

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger TllGurl said…

    beautiful beautiful!!
    great job, strawberry!

    saleknitter, take a look at the pattern and check out the gauge you should be getting. then when you pick your yarn, find out what size needles you'll need to use with that yarn to get that gauge. you might have to swatch it up.
    i used a completely different yarn, and i adjusted the pattern to make it a wee bit narrower.
    then, have at it!
    The Lady is a fun knit.

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Blogger saleknitter said…

    Thanks strawberryfever and tllgurl. I have been swatching forever! I know its important but I am so anxious to start. I've swatched and can't seem to get gauge without going past an 11 Addi. With this size needle, the triangles appear to loose. When the entire wrap is knit up, are the triangles somewhat tight/laying nicely beside each other? Thanks.

     
  • At 10:31 PM, Blogger Elle said…

    Wow! That is beautiful. And the tassels look fantastic.

     
  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger Linda said…

    That is really beautiful. I knit a shawl last year in the same colorway, its one of my favorites. You did a wonderful job on eleanor.

     
  • At 7:40 AM, Blogger Jeannine said…

    Gorgeous! It looks so nice. I am definitely going to have to try this out very soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home