Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Backyard Leaves Begins....

Hi everyone :0)! I cast on for Backyard Leaves today using Knitpicks' Wool of the Andes in fern & size 7 addi's. I am currently about to begin the 7th repeat for the 1st section...I want a very, very long scarf, so I will be doing more than the 11 in pattern. I must say..I LOVE, LOVE this pattern..the scarf is just going to be GORGEOUS! All that I have seen in all sorts of yarn & colors have all been STUNNING..Annie Modesitt is a knitting GENIUS!!! I have ideas for the hat & fingerless gloves to go with the scarf floating about in my head as I knit :-)! I will take photos daily, but will, of course, not post them here daily..LOL! Will be back with a photo in a day or two!
FYI...I so enjoy looking at & reading about everyone's projects...they are all wonderful!
Happy Knitting & Happy Holidays

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 8:14 PM, Blogger Toby said…

    I can't wait to see the photos of your Backyard Leaves as you progress. You're right about how stunning this scarf looks in all sorts of yarns and colors. It's always amazing to see how different each persons photos are of it.

    Someday I'll make this one!

     
  • At 9:13 PM, Blogger whatever said…

    I am finished the 1st half this evening :0)..I am using knitpicks' WOTA and size 7 addi's; I like this combo bc the st definition looked nice...but I am ending up with a scarf that is a bit more narrow, so I want it to be longer...so I've done 17 repeats :0)! I must load the software for my new camera so I can post photos! I LOVE THIS SCARF, IT IS SO MUCH FUN FUN FUN TO KNIT!!!!
    Toby, you will so enjoy making this scarf!! I was a bit scared bc I'd heard horror stories here & there...pashaaa on the horror stories...it's really fun..you must give it a go :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home