Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Sunday, October 30, 2005

More Eleanor help


Well, I was very happy to learn that in the right triangle I only knit eight, and that seems shaped correctly, but when I slip the last stitch to the right needle, as you can see, I can't pick up toward the center of the row. Can you tell what I'm doing wrong?

2 Comments:

  • At 2:19 PM, Blogger verlit said…

    Hi Melody,
    It looks OK, donĀ“t worry. I think on the photo you have the last stich still on the LEFT needle, as far as I can say (you are using circulars, right?).

    Just move it to the right needle and than pick up 7 additional stiches from the side of your triangle and carry on knitting according to instructions in the book.

    BTW What yarn are you using? It looks great.

    verlit

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger Lori said…

    Does the photo show the work with the wrong (purl) side facing? I think if you turn the work around with the right side facing you, and the single remaining stitch on the righthand needle, you'll be able to pick up sitches heading back toward the middle of the piece.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home