Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Introduction!

Hello everyone!

I joined a few days ago, but I only now received my yarn (Debbie Bliss's Cotton Cashmere) and needles (Crystal Palace Bamboo straights, size 5) for my Midwest Moonlight Scarf.

I've been knitting for more than 2 years on and off now, and am currently working on finishing my first pair of socks and yet another scarf while juggling sophomore year university studies. I hail from the Boston, MASS area, where the weather can't decide half the time whether it wants to be warm or cold, and I dream of making Seattle my home someday.

I'm looking forward to knitting along with everyone . . . I have to say, there're some really lovely scarves here- what an inspiration :)

Best,
Lily :)

3 Comments:

  • At 3:43 PM, Blogger Chef Messy said…

    Welcome to scarf style! Can't wait to see how your projects turn out!

    I also dream of living in Seattle. Sadly, my husband hates rain, so it's probably not going to happen!

     
  • At 12:07 AM, Blogger Lily said…

    Actually, apparently NYC (among other cities) gets more annual rainfall per year than Seattle does. I was there for 2 weeks (not all together- separated into one week in June and one week in August) and it didn't rain at all. I hear that there are times when it rains for days on end, but that the fact that it's ALWAYS raining in Seattle is a misconception.

    Nuff of me rambling- thanks for the welcome :-D

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger Irie said…

    Welcome Lily :)

    a lot of places get more annual rainfall than Seattle, this is because Seattle is more likely to be gray cloudy gloomy drizzling little itty bitty raindrops for days at a time, where other places get a proper rain storm and then it clears up :)

    Regardless of the weather, Seattle is a lovely place. Nice coffee, good beer, and there's no place like the PNW!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home