Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone!
I am new to the blog. I learned to knit about two years ago but it never really took off. I recently got back in to it over the summmer. I have mainly knitted scarves and bookmarks. Nothing to unusual.I recently bought the book Scarf Style and cannot wait to start. I am going to start on Lady Eleanor first for my Grandmother. Any yarn suggestions? I was thinking something blue or green. I also wanted to ask if I need to do a slip knot on the backwards loop cast on? Thanks

-Claire

2 Comments:

  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger Kim said…

    Hi Claire,
    I didn't do the backwards e cast on. I did a longtail cast on. I didn't see that it made much differnce.

    I made my Lady E with Noro. Unless you can find it on sale that can be kind of pricey. I think the beauty of Lady E is the different colors so I would recommend a varigated yarn. However I did see a beautiful solid color one made by Verlit.(I think she participates in this KAL.

     
  • At 11:29 AM, Blogger ClaireD said…

    Thank you for your help Kim! I greatly appreciated it. I will try the longtail cast on.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home