Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Found Password and Finished Lady Eleanor

Greetings! I've been in this Knit-along for months, but lost my password and name. But I found 'em! (Gotta go through that Favourites List and clean it up. There's all kinda things hiding in there...)
The only thing I've done so far in Scarf Style is the Lady Eleanor.
Unfortunately I don't have a digital camera...but I do have a scanner.
Here is a segment of the stole.
I did it with Prism Dover, which is a hand-dyed nylon/rayon blend.
It turned out quite wonderful, if I do say so myself.
Before I even saw the Scarf Style book, I'd been dreaming of an entrelac stole. I love entrelac and wanted to try to make something bigger than a hat with that pattern.
My dream was that I was going to use Noro Silk Garden, which I can stand to have next to my skin. (I adore Kureyon, but can't wear it.)
My LYS had a sample sweater made with Dover.
The sweater wasn't exactly my style, but the drape of the fabric really appealed to me.
It's easy to knit with and the results are wonderful.
For my next project out of Scarf Style I'm thinking of doing the Misty Garden with some Rowan Kid Soft I have sitting around waiting for me to find a project for it.
Anyway, there is some wonderful work here at this Knit-along.
Congratulations, everyone!
Later...

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger Karen said…

    Who knew that you could scan your knitting? Your Lady Eleanor lookes so beautiful, I immediately went and scanned a mitten...

    Karen

     
  • At 11:16 PM, Blogger Dorrie said…

    Your Lady Eleanor is BEAUTIFUL!!!
    D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home