Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Can't Resist ~ Noro Lady Eleanor !!!


Hi everyone -

I have been watching all the beautiful Lady Eleanors' being showcased here on the knit along blog and was inspired to start mine this week. I am only two balls in, I am using Noro Silk Gargen # 87 ( rainbow ). I am really loving this knit, entrelac is brand new to me, I would recommend this pattern to anyone who wants a nice little challenge ! No need to search out more directions for entrelac, I am finding the ones in scarfStyle to be excellent. Have fun and check back in a WHILE to see my finished stole !!! Good luck to all who knit Lady E !!

Labels:

11 Comments:

  • At 3:03 AM, Blogger Shelly said…

    That's so beautiful. I can't wait to try entrelac.

     
  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger strawberryfever said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 7:07 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said…

    Gorgeous. I love the colorway you chose. This project is definitely going on my knitting queue at some point... maybe next fall. Have fun!

     
  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger Toby said…

    I couldn't resist either - I ordered more Noro last week to make Lady E.

    Your version looks beautiful!

     
  • At 6:48 AM, Blogger Becky said…

    I love your colors! I may have to make another one for the spring in the Noro.

     
  • At 7:44 AM, Blogger agileflower said…

    What a great start you've got going there--and I cannot agree more about the directions for entrelac in the book. Much easier to understand than some of the online tutorials I have found....it's on my list of things to do once I find the perfect yarn for it!!!

     
  • At 11:39 PM, Blogger Julian said…

    What a cool use for Noro!

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger whatever said…

    Oh my, I just love your Eleanor!!

     
  • At 2:47 PM, Blogger jessica~ said…

    Wow! That looks incredible! Great yarn/color choice!

     
  • At 10:45 PM, Blogger Teresa said…

    May I ask what size needles you are using? How many balls of silk garden have you to use?

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger strawberryfever said…

    Hi Teresa -

    I have ten balls of silk garden to use up. I am on ball eight right now and the last time I measured(tonight) I was at about 52" unblocked - heading towards 62" unblocked. So I think I will use a bit onto nine balls.

    I am also not planning on doing the knotted fringe, it is too dramitic for me. I am going to make some long and luscious tassles(sp?) of a contrasting color - maybe navy blue. I can't wait to have this baby finished for the holidays, it has taken me three weeks so far, it grows very quickly !!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home