Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Monday, October 10, 2005

Backyard Leaves Seam Question

Well, I've completed both halves of Backyard Leaves and blocked. Now I need to seam them together. Can someone who has completed the scarf perhaps tell me what method of joining the two halves togethr you used? Also, in seaming the cast on edges, did you seam the entire bottom section, or just the bit that was actually cast-on. I know that probably sounds like a dumb question, but I just want to make sure I finish this correctly, now that I've actually finished knitting the entire scarf.
-Suzanna

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger grumperina said…

    I used mattress stitch, and I seamed the entire bottom, which included the bit cast on initially, and then the bit added on later by casting on at the end of a row. Good luck!

     
  • At 7:21 PM, Blogger Suzanna said…

    Thank you. So does that mean that some of the seamed-together part is NOT seamed, since not all of that part is done with a cast-on? Does that make sense? Sorry to be a blockhead.

     
  • At 1:37 AM, Blogger Suzanna said…

    I still haven't tackled this seam yet. I am frustrated looking at the two pieces of this scarf and wanting so much to wear it, but just can't figure out how to line up the bottom of the scarf correctly and seam it. Another suggestion I heard was to undo the cast-on row and do a kitchener stitch. Too scared for that though. I'm totally stalled.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home