Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Not so fast

........that's me!
I was going to start Lady Eleanor, but cannot decide on yarn. What I really want to make it with will cost me 112 pounds and I can't do that right now. I did start a forbes forest for my DH but am only about an inch into it. Sigh. I do read the blog regularly and I hope that after my upcoming trip out of town that I'll be able to get rolling full speed ahead on Lady E!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:30 PM, Blogger Purl said…

    I really want to make this shawl, too. I have some gorgeous artyarn supermerino, but I'm not sure if it's too lightweight.

     
  • At 10:53 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    I am using Noro Kureyon that I got for a steal from Purlsoho. It is a thick-thin yarn and the thick portions are just right, I think, but the thin portions are a bit small. My stitch count is right on but my row count is off...mine will be shorter than the 70" in the pattern.

    So...heavy worsted to bulky would probably work up to the gauge in the pattern. I have seen this in a lighter weight solid that was beautiful.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home