Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Friday, April 01, 2005

ruffles scarf in alpaca

hi, i joined the KAL not too long ago and thought i'd post and say hi. i started on the ruffles scarf in feb. and this is the progress so far. rather slow! summer is coming so i'm setting this aside to work on summery projects. i do plan to finish this scarf soon, love the alpaca yarn so nice and soft!


ruffles scarf in progress (100% alpaca in cream)

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger LadyGroz said…

    Hi, I am also new to the knit along. Your ruffles scarf looks great! I attempted it last weekend but didn't get very far. (I'm also new to knitting!) I'm not what to do with the "kwtog". I got the wrap stitch down but not sure what to do after that. Any advice/tips? Thanks!

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger eastern white said…

    hi ladygroz, i'm hoping i can explain this well: when you get to the point for kwtog, insert the needle in the wrap stitch and the knit stitch (that was wrapped by the wrap stitch) together as you would to knit (ie, from left to right). it's just like k2tog but instead one is the wrap stitch.

    hope this helps.

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger SeaBreeze said…

    hi, I am doing my fifth ruffle scarf since December. After learning to knit backwards, it's a no brainer. I can take this project in my purse and knit while waiting for an appointment, riding a train, or just pass the time. I am going to do a few in red or green for my young nieces for christmas and hang jingle bells from from the points! It's so easy. Unfortunately, I couldn't pull up your picture. I tried knitting with a #10 needles with soft fluffy wool and it feels so soft tied around the neck!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home