Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Friday, April 29, 2005

Backyard Leaves of Doooom!


7 pattern repeats down, 15 to go, but at least I've got the hang of it now (thanks to the help of Miss Grumperina). It's nice and pink, even though it doesn't look pink. Posted by Hello

--kate

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger amber said…

    Now I can finally tell what this scarf looks like... I've only seen photos of it knitted in dark yarns. Of course now I want to make this one too :-) Looks great!

    Is it a difficult knit? Or did you really get the hang of it a few repeats in?

    -Amber

     
  • At 9:00 PM, Blogger katya said…

    Thanks! It did cause me to say several really bad words at first, but after I figured out that a YO before a purl is different than a YO before a k, it all sort of fell into place.

    I was *glued* to the pattern for the first three or four pattern repeats. Now it's starting to progress faster and easier, and it's finally fun.

     
  • At 1:56 AM, Blogger grumperina said…

    Fantastic! Looks great, and I love your choice of color, even if it doesn't look pink on the website. The chart is intimidating, but once you get the hang of it, it's not that bad, right?

     
  • At 9:08 AM, Blogger Lesley said…

    This is fantastic! You can really see the pattern with this light color. This pattern has been on and off my to-knit list several times but I think it's time I put it back on. :)

     
  • At 10:33 PM, Blogger Nimbus Knitter said…

    "that a YO before a purl is different than a YO before a k"...

    Ummm, Can someoen explain this?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home