Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

what what what?

Hello everyone! My name is Sarah and I'm really happy to have found this board.

I've made about four Misty Gardens for the holidays, and I love that- feather and fan is terrific. Great results for such a simple pattern. Naturally, I gave them all away before taking a picture of them.

I'm trying to make a Here and There Cables scarf for myself, using alpaca. And. Um. Well, it has been a long time since I've cabled, but I'm pretty sure I remember how. But it looks funny. I've ripped it out about three times and I'm about to start the fourth attempt. I don't know. It looks funny and odd and off and neat, but not like the picture. Did anyone else who made this have doubts in the beginning- say, the first 25 rows or so?

2 Comments:

  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger sobsister said…

    I've made one here and there cable scarf and am halfway through my second. maybe these pictures of my progress will help. the first is when i think i had finished about 3 repeats. i was really unsure how it was shaping it up before that point.
    http://sobsister.typepad.com/sob_sister/2004/12/oh_my_god_serio.html

    the second picture i was further along and my scarf was looking like the picture so i knew i was doing something right. good luck with yours!

    http://sobsister.typepad.com/sob_sister/2004/12/after_having_to.html

     
  • At 2:53 PM, Blogger Carol said…

    I started Here and There scarf with Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran and a size 7 needle. After about 6 inches, I thought it was too stiff and I just didn't like what I saw, so I've started over again with a size 8 needle and I'm hoping this attempt will have better drape. I love the idea of cabling being reversible.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home