Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Vintage Velvet... err Alpaca Silk



Hi everyone, I'm new to this KAL and am loving all of your completed scarves. I was originally going to make the Backyard Leaves scarf, but miserably failed. I just couldn't get past row 5 on the chart... I didn't have enough stitches to complete the row! I tried and I tried. I sulked and sulked until I found the pattern for the Vintage Velvet scarf. The yardage, needles, & gauge were all dead on, so I cast on this scarf with debbie bliss alpaca silk in the Celery color. It's very drapey and soft and I love it.

Anyway, happy to be here!

- Liz of goodnightweb.com

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger cmeknit said…

    Love it! Please post how many balls you ended up using...I have some left over alpaca silk...Debbie Bliss yarn...my favourite!

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger Jenn said…

    I'm using that for the same scarf, if you could please post how much yarn you are having to use, that would be very helpful...thanks :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home