Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Starting Flower Trellis Scarf

I got my book a few weeks ago and found this knitalong soon after. There are lots of projects here that I want to knit, but first up: the Flower Trellis Scarf. I started last night late, and am already close to being finished on the trellis. This one should finish up soon! I'm using the exact yarn called for in the pattern:

Crystal Palace cotton chenille

I don't often knit with chenille, but this stuff is really yummy. Can't wait to finish, and I'm glad to join you all in the fun.

Sara

2 Comments:

  • At 1:50 AM, Blogger Tipper said…

    Where did you purchase your yarn? I've been trying to find a good place to buy all the colors at once, and can only find one place online. I like to comparison shop! :)

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger Secret Pal/Anonymous Knitter said…

    I got all but one skein from Royal Yarns-- they didn't have the tomato red in stock, so I got that one from Needlework Unlimited. As it turns out, I'm not going to use the tomato red. It seems too orange-y to mix with the other colors, so it will turn into something else later (there's plenty of yarn from the other skeins to make all the roses).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home