Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Lady Eleanor anyone?

So, I got home from Yarn Yoga Friday & decided that I had had enough of Ruffles for a while. So, I'm done with that particular scarf. Too many other projects that I just HAVE TO make. I made a list of them today & it's in the double digits, with most of them already started in some way.

Anyway, Saturday turned out to be fortuitous. In the mail was none other than my uber fabulous Silk Garden order from Woolneedlework.com!!!!! =)

So, you know what that means...LADY ELEANOR can be started!!!!!!! I was very excited over the prospect. Anyway, I CO Saturday evening, then re-cast on...then re-cast again...Apparently I wasn't grasping the whole Entrelac process. So, i put it down for the night...Sunday morning, i decided that I would start fresh...it helped, i guess...i only had to rip out 2 or 3 more times before i finally GOT how it all worked. So, this is my progress after working on it on & off Sunday. I'm a bit farther now, but no new pictures. I can tell you I'm LOVING it, though! I love the color & Entrelac is growing on me. I'm already planning to make one for a Christmas present.

Happy Knitting!!!





Labels:

22 Comments:

  • At 10:25 PM, Blogger grumperina said…

    I think Lady Eleanor was meant to be knit in Noro... and Silk Garden is so delicious, it makes me drool. I'm seriously considering making one, but first I need to figure out if I can make it skinnier.

     
  • At 12:40 AM, Blogger LisaB said…

    I like the more understated colors. What colorway are you using?

     
  • At 2:05 AM, Blogger verlit said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 2:06 AM, Blogger verlit said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 2:31 AM, Blogger verlit said…

    Beautiful!! I was just about to ask the same question as lisab - what colorway is it? Since looking at yours, perhaps...just PERHAPS...I might need to make yet another one :-))))

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger Denise said…

    Thanks so much for your lovely comments. I'm using Silk Garden #34...I so LOVE the splash of pink/purple that are in it.

    denise

     
  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger cmeknit said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 2:34 PM, Blogger Denise said…

    cmeknit...i'll try to post a pic of the back of my shawl, tonight. it looks more patchworky, if that makes any sense. you can see the "seams" but not in a messy way. i actually really like the back side, also. & yes, i think it would work just great in a solid color. i got a great deal on the Silk Garden which is why i'm using it. otherwise i may still be looking for something to use.

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Blogger verlit said…

    Cmeknit:
    I have done one Lady Eleanor in solid (brown) color, there is picture of it somewhere around November/December (?) on this blog.
    I looks just as nice in solid color as it does in Noro, go for it! :-)

    P.S. Sorry about multiple posting/deleting earlier. I kept getting an error message (the page cannot be found) after adding the comment and ten minutes later they all appear at once, so I had to remove the redundant ones.

     
  • At 8:11 PM, Blogger cmeknit said…

    Denise I would love to see your shawl and how the seems look. Thank you verlit I found it in January...very nice! I think I will use a solid colour.

     
  • At 8:11 PM, Blogger cmeknit said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 8:12 PM, Blogger cmeknit said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 8:12 PM, Blogger cmeknit said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 8:12 PM, Blogger cmeknit said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 8:12 PM, Blogger cmeknit said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 8:12 PM, Blogger cmeknit said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 8:12 PM, Blogger cmeknit said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 8:13 PM, Blogger cmeknit said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger cmeknit said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger cmeknit said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 8:16 PM, Blogger cmeknit said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 9:49 PM, Blogger cmeknit said…

    ok that was freaky...don't know what that was all about! Same problem as verlit earlier! Sorry

     

Post a Comment

<< Home