Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Finished Ruffles

Here are a couple of shots of my finished Ruffles. I knit it as a birthday gift for a friend, and she loved it. The yarn is Classic Elite Sierra, which worked up really nice. It was a very easy knit once I got the short rows down, so I would definitely make it again.

Question - has anyone attempted the "Blue Collar" capelet in a yarn other than the Berocco Glace called for in the pattern? I'd love to use something I already have in my stash. Any thoughts?



http://melikblog.blogspot.com/

Labels:

11 Comments:

  • At 3:45 AM, Blogger the knitting fiend said…

    This scarf is SOOO awsome? Where did you get that pattern from and how much did it cost ?? (If it DID cost anything?)
    Please let me know! It's a beautiful scarf :D Nice work!

     
  • At 6:40 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    The scarf pattern is in the book "Scarf Style," on which this knit-a-long blog is based. It's a great book!

     
  • At 11:28 PM, Blogger Lina said…

    tee hee i feel silly. thank you!

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger Anne said…

    But it's not the "regular" Ruffles pattern...looks like you doctored it up a bit with some garter stitch in the center. Care to share your very cool looking modifications????

     
  • At 11:25 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Hmmm, I didn't make any modifications. Maybe I f***ed up the pattern and didn't realize it?? I'll need to look back tonight and see what I did.

     
  • At 10:10 AM, Blogger Anne said…

    "Hmmm, I didn't make any modifications."

    Most of them don't have the garter stitch strip down the center like yours appears to. They are more "boa like", yours is more "scarf like". I really like it!!

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger Anne said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 10:12 AM, Blogger Anne said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger KarenK said…

    Hmm, that's definitely a modification. I've made the Ruffles, and there's no garter stitch strip down the middle in the original pattern. But your scarf is interesting and unique, and what's the difference, if YOU like it and your friend likes it!?

     
  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Thanks all for the positive comments! I still need to figure out where I goofed. After I do, I'll try to post my "modification." I did notice that mine wasn't "twirling" as much as some of the others. Oh well, I still think it looks cool.

     
  • At 12:14 AM, Blogger hkknitter said…

    When a mistake is nice and consistent, it doesn't really matter ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home