Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Newbie here

Heya -

I originally got into knitting because I saw some fun projects in the Stitch n' Bitch book and it looked like something my teens would be really into. Oh by the way, in the library I work with teens and providing teen programs. I'm always willing to learn and try new hobbies (they've recently gotten me to agree to learn to play Yu-Gi-Oh). I've been knitting for around 8 months and do so 4 hours a week at the most. I play the violin and I'm on the computer alot so I have to be careful about overworking my tendons.

I stumbled upon this blog while looking for some knitting tips for one of the 5 projects I have going on. This blog is a handy resource because as it turns out I'm workin on two scarves from this book. So, I'm in the process of making the Misty Garden and the Ruffles scarf (yeah I know, big surprise huh). Well the latter is taking FOR-E-VER (say it like they did in The Sandlot) and I didn't change anything regarding materials for this one.

For the Misty Garden scarf: I'm using Artful Yarns - Broadway, it has such a dark rich color and I'm using it as a 6 inch border for each end. For the main part of the scarf I'm using Classic Elite - La Gran #9466 and I'm probably going to need another skein of this, so 3 skeins total. I quickly found out that you don't see the stitches as clearly with the La Gran, so you don't get as much depth. However, the contrast of the two different mohairs is very pretty. I wish I would have made the endtips around 12 inches instead of 6. I will try to post pics of this one soon.

till next time - A

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home