Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Just Joined!

Hi, after lurking for a while, I decided to join - my first knit-a-long. I'm working on the popular Ruffles scarf. I'm using Cascade Sierra in a butter yellow color (forgot the number). So far I really like this pattern. It's my first experience with short rows, so it took me a couple of rows to get it down. I only have a few inches complete...photos to come soon.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:27 PM, Blogger The Fearless Knitter said…

    Hiya Melissa! Welcome! This has got to be the most open Knit Along ever, lots of patterns to choose from and no deadline - ya picked the right one to be your very first! Can't wait to see your pics! I'll admit the Ruffles scarf scares me a bit. Looks like alot of turning to me - but...its on my list! And everyone here has posted glowing comments on it! Soon! ~Rox

     
  • At 10:28 PM, Blogger CynCyn said…

    Welcome to the KAL, Melissa!! While this KAL is my first ever, I think it's gotta be one of the friendliest. And OH SO helpful (esp to newbie knitters). Good luck with your ruffles...post pics soon!

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Thanks for the welcome! I'm new to blogging and still figuring out how to best post photos. Any suggestions for photo posting software?

     
  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger CynCyn said…

    I'm interested in hearing what everyone else uses too (to host pics and graphics). I use hello and picasa, which are free services from blogger. Fairly easy, but not friendly if you want to do the code yourself. It automatically posts the pics to your blog, then I have to cut and paste the code into wherever I wanted the pic to show up...you can email me if you want more info.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home