Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Finished Midwest Moonlight! Woohoo!


I started out not liking this yarn (Rowan Calmer), but I love it now. It drapes so beautifully. Next I have to finish my Ruffles and Misty Garden.

--kate
Posted by Hello

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At 5:18 PM, Blogger LisaB said…

    That is so beautiful! It looks so elegant in that color. How many balls did you use?

     
  • At 6:12 PM, Blogger katya said…

    Thanks! I used three balls.

     
  • At 6:59 PM, Blogger cmeknit said…

    very nice! I may tackle this one next.

     
  • At 10:38 PM, Blogger sooner said…

    I truly love Midwest Moonlight and yours is a true wonder. I want to make my own Midwest Moonlight, but I want to add a pair of sleeves to it. I will post photos of my progress. I think I will need at least two extra balls of yarn to make my Midwest Moonlight with sleeves. Perhaps three.

     
  • At 12:19 PM, Blogger katya said…

    And a ribbed turtleneck, too, right?

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger Jess said…

    Lovely in cream! I ripped my 'Midwest', but I am going to start again using Rowan calmer. It feels nice and flexible and yours came out a treat!

    Thanks for the great pic!

    Jess

     
  • At 9:59 PM, Blogger KarenK said…

    Such a beautiful scarf! I just saw your scarf picture on the Amazon site, too. Your photo shows off the pattern stitch much more nicely than the photo in the book. Nice work. (My next scarf will either be this one, or maybe Vintage Velvet. After I finish the "obligatory" Ruffles, of course.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home