Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Yet another Ruffle

I put aside my first project from Scarf Style to work on Holiday gift knitting. But here we are in the new year, and Ruffles is my number one lunch break knitting priority....I only have a few inches so far, but the repeats go quickly. I still feel like my wrap and turn is wrong, but I'm going by the book....I'm using a cotton blend of unknown origin...much fun!

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 12:45 PM, Blogger Carol said…

    Your Ruffle looks great! I love the color.

    I work on Sundays at my LYS, and I can tell you every other customer that came in on Sunday wanted the Scarf Style book so they could make the Ruffle. It's all the rage! One said she'd just come back from Paris where everyone's wearing the Ruffle.

    One customer came in with a completed Ruffle in a black yarn that had a little fuzziness to it - the fuzzy texture added a lot to the "look".

    Next time I knit it, I'm going to try maybe Lamb's Pride or something with a little mohair in it. I'm also wanting to do it in a Noro yarn. Maybe Noro Kocheron - both fuzzy and stripes!

    Carol

     
  • At 2:21 PM, Blogger elspeth said…

    AW, thank you Carol...I think it would look pretty fine in a fuzzier yarn. I am a bit bothered by some of the irregularities the wrap and turn makes. these small diagonal lines in the back. Mayhaps I'll start another with a different style of yarn and see if I like it better....

     
  • At 2:29 PM, Blogger gina said…

    i tried to start the ruffle scarf pattern last night but i do not think that i have the wraps done right as it is not wrapping, any advise? from all the comments it seems that this is an easy patten but i am just not getting it. any advise would be great

     

Post a Comment

<< Home