Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Misty Garden/Here & There Cables

Has anyone knit the Misty Garden Scarf? I am curious to see and/or hear about your progress. I am about 1/4 into the second skein and find myself cursing the yarn and the needles when I inevitably come to a K2TOG that won't KTOG on the first attempt. I am using the Jo Sharp mohair shown in the book per the intended recipient's request. This is a beautiful scarf and I am so pleased that my MIL requested I knit it for her.

When I finish the Misty Garden Scarf, I am going to knit Here and There Cables with Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk in light blue from my stash. I only have five skeins, so I hope I have enough, otherwise I will cast on half of the stitches to get the same pattern in a thinner scarf.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 3:00 PM, Blogger Lori said…

    Click on the December 2004 archives at the lower left of the main page, and take a look at Nancy's *beautiful* finished Misty Garden in the entry for December 3.

    As for those pesky k2togs in mohair yarn, you can try loosening the stitches up before you knit them together. Insert the right needle into both stitches as if to purl and wiggle the needle around a bit to enlarge the stitches. Then insert the needle the correct way for working k2tog, and they should be more cooperative.

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger Suzie said…

    I'm on my third and final skein and I'm doing exactly what Lori said, loosening those stitches before I knit em together. Yup, the yarn is a pain, but it looks so beau-ti-ful!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home