Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Thursday, January 13, 2005


I can't believe I have started *four* patterns from the same book - this is a first in my knitting household! Two of the projects are complete: the Misty Garden scarf and the Vintage Velvet scarf.
Misty Garden was knit with the suggested Jo Sharp mohair in Earl Grey (which is more purple than gray, by the way). I used one extra skein to make the scarf a bit longer, as the recipient of my scarf pointed out that this winter's scarf style, in the true sense, was very long, medium-width scarves. I was happy to oblige. :) This yarn is softer than you think, but can be a pain to rip, and is significantly more pleasurable to knit on bamboo's than metal (trust me).
I am having some trouble sending photos (this bloggerbot thing is no good!), so below you will also see the Vintage Velvet done in Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk, in a marigold color. This scarf was done on size 8's, bamboo also, and is incredibly soft and warm. I used four skeins. Posted by Hello

3 Comments:

  • At 5:05 PM, Blogger yamamama said…

    Anne-Caroline,

    My edges seem a little rough. Did you slip the last stitch or block this? Your edges look perfect. :)

    Jen

     
  • At 6:05 AM, Blogger verlit said…

    It looks lovely, so soft and luxurious!

     
  • At 5:43 AM, Blogger Jess said…

    That misty garden is beautiful! Love the colours.

    Jess

     

Post a Comment

<< Home